Promoting the Role of Palestinian Civil Society to Become an Effective Force in the Protection and Monitoring of Human Rights
QADER received a grant from the GIZ CSP program, Commissioned by the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany – BMZ with overall aim of promoting the role of Palestinian civil society to become an effective force in the protection and monitoring of human rights in line with international human rights standards, conventions, and instruments.
- Enhancing public awareness on the rights, including persons with disability and their families, on the rights of PwD.
- Enhancing the role and commitment of CSOs/ DPOs in their adherence to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) implementation and monitoring.
- Enhancing the organizational capacity of QADER for Community Development regarding Advocacy and Results-Based Monitoring.
The project also supported QADER with key local professionals to support advocacy, as follows:
- Media and Advocacy Officer.
Persons with disabilities, their families, Palestinian official institutions, local authorities, civil society organizations and DPOs, media organizations and workers, public.
Project activities and outputs:
- Developing and printing guidelines for easy to read language in Arabic
- Developing and printing easy-to-read versions of the UNCRPD
- Conducting ToT training for 20 persons on disability rights, UNCRPD monitoring, advocacy, and planning for community initiatives.
- Providing logistical support to the youth group to conduct advocacy campaigns and initiatives.
- Production of an animated video on the UNCRPD
- Production of an animated video on public services for people with disabilities.
- Developing a disability inclusion Code of Conduct for civil society organizations.