The improvement of livelihood of persons with disabilities in Nahalin Village
Through 2008-2009, QADER for community development and its Italian partner The Italian Association for Solidaruty AMong People (AISPO), implemented “Improving the Livelihood of persons with disabilities and their families” project in Bethlehem area, as income-generating projects were established for 7 families consists of 54 members. The projects varied; productive, commercial, and services.
Based on the project’s positive results in 2009, QADER and AISPO implemented a project titled “The improvement of livelihood of persons with disabilities in Nahalin Village” in cooperation with Union of Agriculture Work Committees – UWAC, the project targeted several persons with disabilities and their families in Nahalin village, as financial and technical support was provided for them to implement small agricultural projects to improve their livelihood and promote food security.
- Improve the livelihood of number of disabled people and their families in Nahalin
- Promote food security to disabled people and their families
- Enhance the economic and social participation of disabled people.
Disabled people who live in Nahalin and meet the project special conditions.
- The family lives in hard economic livelihood.
- The family has at least one disabled person.
- The disabled person had the ability and desire to implement an agricultural project or the existence of a family member who can assist in implementing and following up the project